That one rainy day......................#socialsaturday #blogchatter

WOW!!!! What a drizzle......I love rains and I just can’t understand why people make so much hustle when it rains especially when it is just out of the blue like today in the month of December.
It is such a beautiful feeling to see water all around. The best part is sleeping to the pitter-patter of rains ...much much soothing than any lullaby.
It’s 6 a.m. and it rained, not drizzled, the night long and still going on. In the darkness of night I didn't have the chance to see through my 3rd floor apartment so I decided to peek out now. OMG!!!!! The building right in front of ours is sunk till first floor.........I panicked and rushed to my MOM’s room and woke her up. When we got to the balcony, again the sight was scary. There was water all around almost touching the buildings 1st floor and seemed is crawling up fast.
I rushed to 1st floor of our building where my cousins’ stay and water had seeped in our building corridors, it was knee-high already. I banged on my cousins’ door and when my aunt came out she was horrified on crossing the entire hall full of water. It was almost impossible to calm her down as she was going berserk looking the condition of her flat. Somehow we got her and my cousins upstairs along with some gadgets that we could move and asked the neighbors to come upstairs too. The rains are not ready to stop and what always was beautiful to me is becoming a nightmare.
Finally after two days of incessant rains, the clouds have retreated. Slowly the water is descending from the corridors. The relief is not at all pacifying as the fear of it starting again is huge. My aunt is in a very bad state as almost the entire 1st floor had submerged in water and all their furniture, TV etc are soaked.

When my friends used to chide me over going gung-ho about non-seasonal rains telling me the plight of farmers I never took them seriously and actually thought they have become too sullen by this world and forgot to have fun. Today when I saw so much loss so close, I realised what must be the pain of a farmer who has lost all his hard work of sowing, taking care of the crop and just when it is ready for harvest...BOOM.
The pain, the hurt is ineffable and nothing can ever soothe it. But today as I decide, I urge one and all to understand the farmer’s plight. Just imagine you decide onto curb all your needs and wants for a better future and now you don’t even have the basics.

I have decided to help the farmers in plight as much as I can by way of Govt. Aids in cash + kind. Please do your bit as well in any way that you can because EVERYTHING DONE BY HEART TOUCHES A HEART.

Comments

Popular Posts